Allerton 1905 - Lancashire Sheet 113.04
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
ALLERTON 1905 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 113.04
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the Allerton Road area, on the SE side of Liverpool, plus the southern part of Wavertree. Coverage stretches from Greenbank Road eastward to Hornby Lane, and from Dunbabin Road southward to Elmsley Road. The western half of the map shows suburban streets developing, further east the area is more rural but with numerous villas in leafy grounds. Features include Holy Trinity church, trams and depot, Richmond Lodge, Blue Coat Hospital, quarries, LNWR railway with Sefton Park station, Penketh Hall, Mossley House, brick works, Allerton Road Farm, All Hallows church, Hart Hill, Dunbabin Farm, Calderstone, Bishop Eton monastery, Liverpool Polo Ground, Stand Park, etc. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Crawford Avenue, Nicander Road, Penny Lane Wavertree, Smithdown Road.
This map links up with sheet 106.16 Wavertree to the north, 113.03 Princes Park to the west, 114.01 Gateacre to the east and 113.08 Mossley Hill to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.