Aspull South 1928 - Lancashire Sheet 94.01
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
ASPULL SOUTH 1928 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 94.01
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This highly detailed map covers the southern part of Aspull, now part of Wigan borough. Coverage stretches from Top Lock northward to the Crawford Pits, and eastward to Gidlow Hall.
This map shows an industrial area on the verge of decline, for most of the collieries and railways would be closed within a few years. Features include Albion Iron Works, Top Lock and stretch of Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Woodshaw Pit (disused), Bradshaw Hall, Pennington Hall, Gidlow Hall, St Elizabeth's church, LMSR Springs Branch, Highfield Delf, eastern part of New Springs, Marsh House Coke Works (disused), Bent Houses, Duke's Row, Crawford Pits, Simm's Square, Aspull Pumping Pit, Scot Lane Colliery (Nr.4 Pit), mineral railways.
The map links up with sheets 86.13 Haigh and Aspull to the north, 93.04 Wigan N to the west, 94.05 Kirklees to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.