Aylesbury 1923 - Buckinghamshire Sheet 28.16
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
AYLESBURY 1923 - BUCKINGHAMSHIRE SHEET 28.16
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map is double-sided to provide maximum coverage. The main map covers the eastern part of the town, from Market Square and Kingsbury eastward to Victoria Park and the edge of town. Features include Walton, High Street, LMS terminus, Grand Junction Canal, Town Hall, Walton Street, Walton Brewery, Walton Mill, Cattle market, cemetery. On the reverse is more than half of sheet 28.15, extending coverage westward; features here include GWR / Metropolitan station, Temple Square, St Mary's church, Church Street, Buckingham Street, Castle Street, Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital. In the 1920s Aylesbury was still a small market town of 12,114 people and this captures it before its post-war growth.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.