Birmingham South 1888 - Warwickshire Sheet 14.09a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BIRMINGHAM SOUTH 1888 - WARWICKSHIRE SHEET 14.09a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published 2 versions of this detailed and busy map, showing how the area changed across the years. Each covers the southern part of Birmingham, including much of Balsall Heath, the western part of Sparkbrook and the eastern part of Edgbaston. Coverage stretches from Gough Road eastward to Sampson Road and from Wrentham Street southward to Edward Road. It is primarily an area of crowded streets of housing (mostly terraces or back-to-backs) with many small workshops. Other features include Calthorpe Park, Bristol Road with larger houses, tramways and depot, Midland Railway with Camp Hill station, Camp Hill Goods station, Holy Trinity church, Grammar School, Highgate Park, St Luke's church, Belgrave Works, Church of St Mary & St Ambrose, River Rea, St Alban's church, etc.
Each map includes a selection of extracts from a 1913 street directory.
The map links up with sheets 14.05 Central Birmingham to the north, 13.12 Edgbaston to the west, 14.10 Small Heath to the east and 14.13 Moseley to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.