Bishop Auckland 1915 - Durham Sheet 42.02b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BISHOP AUCKLAND 1915 - DURHAM SHEET 42.02b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map to show how the area changed across the years. Each map is double-sided to give maximum coverage.
The maps show most of the town of Bishop Auckland, historic home of the Bishop of Durham. The main map covers the town centre, with coverage stretching from Newton Cap Viaduct southward to the workhouse, and westward to the village of Escomb with its historic Saxon church; Etherley Moor and Etherley Dene are in the lower SW corner. Features include the station, goods station, with the various railway lines fanning out; Town Head, Newgate Street, Tenters Street, Bridge End, Town Hall, St Anne's church, steel works, West Mill, Auckland Engine Works.
On the reverse is part of adjacent sheet 42.03 taking coverage further east to include Auckland Castle.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.