Bishop's Stortford 1896 - Essex Sheet 22.15
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BISHOP’S STORTFORD 1896 - ESSEX SHEET 22.15
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
Yes, we know Bishop's Stortford is a Hertfordshire town, but the sheetlines in the Essex Series covered the town more neatly, and so we have reprinted that sheet. This detailed map covers the bulk of the town, and coverage extends west along the Hadham Road as far as Stort Lodge, north to Barrelsdown Road and east to Stortford Hall and the workhouse. The town centre is included and features include the station, Hockerill, Windhill House, New Town, The Chantry, All Saints church, Diocesan Training Institute for Schoolmistresses, remains of Waytemore Castle. Wharf House, Stort Navigation, Hockerill Cut, numerous malthouses, Collins Cross, cemetery. A contemporary directory is included.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.