Blackburn 1910 - Lancashire Sheet 62.16b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BLACKBURN 1910 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 62.16b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this map, for 1892, 1910 and 1929, showing how the area developed across the years. The 1892 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition handcoloured OS map.
These very detailed and busy maps cover the area from Wimberley Street and Brockhouse southward to Lower Audley Street and Pringle Street, and from Bradshaw Street and New Park Street eastward to Hole House. They cover the town centre and the many features include the railway station, Daisyfield station, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Town Hall, Market Place, Cathedral, Audley Mill, Walpole Street Mill, Cicely Bridge Mill, Higher Mill, Parkside Mill, Newton Street Mill, Springfield Mills, Prospect Mill, Furthergate Mill, many other mills, tramways, Higher Audley, St Peter's Ward, St Mary's Ward, St John's Ward, St Matthew's Ward, Trinity Ward, Green Bank, Canal Engineering Works. By the time of the 1929 map some of the mills were disused, an ominous sign that Blackburn's great age of prosperity as a great mill town was over.
We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse of each map.
The map links up with Lancashire Sheets 62.12 Blackburn North to the north and 62.15 Blackburn West to the west
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.