Bolton South & Great Lever 1927 - Lancashire Sheet 95.01
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BOLTON SOUTH & GREAT LEVER 1927 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 95.01
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the southern part of Bolton and much of Great Lever, an independent township until 1898. Coverage stretches from Heywood Recreation Ground southward to Townley's Hospital, and from Morris Green Lane eastward to Great Lever Park.
Features include stretches of the Bolton & Kenyon and Worsley & Bolton railways, Burnden Junction, Lever Grange, Asia Mill, Bradford Mill, Hartford Mill, Doe Hey Wood, Great Lever Spinning Mill, Ocean Mill, Daubhill area, Sunnyside Mill, Swan Lane Mills, St Paul's Mill, Morris Green, Prince Rupert Farm, Walker Institute, Pike Mill, Woodside Mills, Grecian Mills, St Simon & St Jude's church, Rose Hill Mills, St Bartholomew's church, Wellington New Mills etc. A selection of street directory entries is included on the reverse.
The map links up with Lancashire Sheets 87.13 Bolton to the north, 94.04 Bolton Rumford to the west, 95.02 Moses Gate to the east, 95.05 Plodder Lane to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.