Bramley 1933 - Yorkshire Sheet 217.03b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BRAMLEY 1933 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 217.03b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years.
This detailed map covers much of Bramley, just west of Leeds, and extends west to cover the eastern fringe of Stanningley and a small portion of Pudsey. Coverage stretches from Pudsey's Low Town station eastward to Lower Town Street in Bramley. Stanningley Road runs across the map with a tramway. The GNR railway also runs across it, with Bramley station, and Stanningley Junction is at the west of the map; the Pudsey & Low Moor Branch is shown as far as Low Town station Pudsey. Features include Priestley Mill, cricket ground, Swinnow HouseLowtown, Wharrals, Intake Road at Pudsey; St Thomas church, Stanningley Park, Swinnow at Stanningley; Bradley Hill, Bramley Brick Works, Swinnow Moor; Elmfield Mill, Victoria Mills, Ashcroft Mill, New Scarbro, football ground at Bramley; and Park Quarries, Tannery Yard, Hare Park Mill, Hough End Tannery, Hough End, Holy Trinity church in SE quarter of map.
The 1906 map includes street directory entries for Stanningley Road, Swinnow Lane/Road, Town Street Bramley, Town Street Stanningley on the reverse. The 1933 map includes 1938 entries for a selection of roads, including Bramley Place/Terrace, Hough Lane, Swinnow, Swinnow Ave/Drive/Lane/St/Terrace.
The map links up with Sheets 202.15 Bramley North to the north, 217.02 Stanningley to the west, 217.04 Upper Armley to the east and 217.07 Pudsey East to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.