Bridlington South 1909 - Yorkshire Sheet 146.06
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BRIDLINGTON 1909 - YORKSHIRE SHEETS 146.02 & 146.06
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two maps for Bridlington. These link up with each other to provide excellent coverage of the town.
The North map covers the Old Town and the North Shore area, and is double-sided for maximum coverage. Features include Priory Church, MarketPlace, Bridlington Workhouse, Stepney Hall, Old Town shown in detail with individual buildings neatly shown, railway with station (at foot of map), Victoria Gardens, Grammar School, Lloyd Hospital, Gas Works, Hippodrome, Black Windmill, Canton Villas, Alexandra Hydro Hotel, St Anne's Convalescent Home, Potter Hill, Christ Church etc.
The South map includes the Harbour, North Pier, South Pier, Grand Pavilion, Floral Pavilion, Bessingby Low Field, Hilderthorpe Village, Hilderthorpe Hall, Emmanuel Church, railway approach with engine shed, New Spa Gardens, Baths, Coastguard Station etc.
Each map includes a specially written introduction to the history of the area by Susan Neave, who has contributed to several of our maps in Hull and the East Riding. Her other publications include The Diary of a Country Gentleman: John Courtney of Beverley and she is co-author with her husband David of Bridlington: An Introduction to its History and Buildings, Hull: Yorkshire's Maritime City and the Pevsner City Guide to Hull.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.