Bristol North West & Clifton 1882 Coloured Edition - Gloucestershire Sheet 71.16a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BRISTOL NORTH WEST & CLIFTON 1882 - GLOUCESTERSHIRE SHEET 71.16a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful handcoloured Ordnance Survey 1st edition map.
The maps cover a major area of Bristol, together with much of Clifton. Coverage stretches from Clifton College eastward to Stokes Croft, and from Brandon Hill and Bristol Bridge northward to Apsley Road and Chantry Road. The many features include Tyndall's Park, Park Row, tramways, Victoria Rooms, Victoria Park, St Andrew's church, Christ Church, Zoo, Clifton College, Clifton Down station, Cotham, Haymarket, St James church, Colston Avenue, St Nicholas church, tram depot, Royal Infirmary, Colston Hall, Cabot Tower, Turkish Baths, University College, St George's church, Grammar School, Guildhall, Kingsdown, St Augustine's Bridge, etc. On the reverse we include street extracts from contemporary street directories.
The map links up with sheets 71.12 Redland to the north, 71.15 Clifton Down to the west, 72.13 Bristol NE to the east and 75.04 Bristol SW to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.