Bristol South West & Bedminster 1913 - Gloucestershire Sheet 75.04b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BRISTOL SOUTH WEST & BEDMINSTER 1913 - GLOUCESTERSHIRE SHEET 75.04b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover a very busy area of Bristol, including part of the city centre and much of Bedminster. Coverage stretches from Bedminster Park eastward to Bedminster Bridge and St Mary Redcliff church, and from College Green and the Cathedral southwards to Pearl Street and Windmill Hill. Major features include tramways, Queen Square, Canon's Marsh, Floating Harbour, River Avon, Bathurst Basin, Royal Hotel, Bathurst Wharf, Prince's Wharf, Great Western Dockyard, gas works, Cumberland Basin, Clifton Wood, Mardyke, Merchants Dock, Hotwells, GWR Harbour Railway. South of the river features include Ashton Gate, Clift House Hospital, Virginia Cavendish Works, tobacco factory, tannery, St John the Baptist church, Deanlane Colliery, tram depot, St Paul's church, small stretch of GWR with Bedminster station, much of Bedminster, etc. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries, including Bedminster Parade, Dowry Parade and Square, East Street, King Street, Redcliff Hill and Street, Stackpool Road, Welsh Back, Whitehouse Street.
Each map includes a specially written introduction to the history of the area, together with extracts from an early street directory..
The map links up with sheets 71.16 Bristol NW to the north, 75.03 Ashton Court to the west, 75.08 Bedminster Down to the south, and 76.01 Bristol SE to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.