Brough 1908 - Yorkshire Sheet 238.08
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BROUGH 1908 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 238.08
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the village of Brough, originally within the parish of Elloughton. The two had a combined population of just 1009 in 1901 but this would grow massively in the 20th century, following the building of a factory by the Blackburn Aeroplane & Motor Co in 1916. In 1908, however, this remained a somewhat straggling village and our map covers the area around the station, where features also include a corn factory, wharf, Skillings Lodge Farm, Brough House, and a smattering of houses. Coverage continues north to the Westfield Park area of Elloughton, and features here include Mill Hill, The Castle, (but note that the village centre is beyond this map). A small portion of southern Brantingham, around the Roman Road, is also included. The map also includes directories for Brantingham, Brough and Elloughton.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.