Burnley 1910 - Lancashire Sheet 64.02
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BURNLEY 1910 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 64.02
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map was one of our very first titles for Lancashire and has remained among the most popular. It is a very busy map, covering most of central Burnley, with its many mills. Coverage stretches from Cog Lane and Gannow Junction eastward to Belvedere Road, and from Danes House Road southward to Montague Road and Manchester Road station. The many features include Bank Top station, Barracks station, Infantry Barracks, Wood Top Mill, Hargher Clough Mill, Yatefield Mill and numerous other mills, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Whittlefield Farm, Piccadilly Gardens, Burnley Iron Works, Paper Mill, Clifton Colliery with tramways, Bankhouse Iron Works, Market Hall and all other town centre buildings, cattle market, St Peter's church, tramways, Technical Institute, Palace Skating Rink, Bank Hall, Bank Hall Colliery (top right corner) with tramway, Keighley Green, mineral railway, Stoneyholme etc. On the reverse we include directory extracts, including a list of cotton manufacturers and street directory entries for St James Street, Sandygate, Westgate, Market Street and Market Place.
The map links up with Lancashire Sheet 56.14 Burnley NW to the north, 64.01 Rose Grove to the west and 64.03 Burnley East to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.