Burslem 1877 Coloured Edition - Staffordshire Sheet 12.09a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
BURSLEM 1877 - STAFFORDSHIRE SHEET 12.09a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers most of Burslem, one of the Potteries’ “Six Towns”, together with the smaller settlements of Cobridge and Sneyd Green. Coverage stretches from Newport Lane eastward to Burslem Cemetery, and from Moor Lane southward to Port Vale football ground.
The many features include NSR Potteries Loop Line with Cobridge and Burslem stations, stretch of Trent & Mersey Canal, Burslem Canal, St Paul's church, Newport Pottery, Mersey Pottery, numerous earthenware manufactories, Hill Works, Town Hall, Butchers' Market, St John's church, NSR Grange Branch, Grange Colliery, Grange Farm, Sneyd Colliery & Brick Works, Adelaide Pottery, Port Vale Football Ground, Haywood Home hospital, old coal shafts, Burslem Cemetery, old ironstone shafts, Sneyd Green, tramways, etc.
The 1877 version is notable for being fully colour printed, taken from the beautifully hand-coloured OS 1st Edition. This map has extracts from a trade directory on the reverse. The 1898 version has a list of private residents from a 1900 directory.
The map links up with Staffordshire Sheets 12.05 Smallthorne to the north, 11.12 Longport to the west, and 12.13 Hanley to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.