Cardiff Canton & Riverside 1940 - Glamorgan Sheet 43.14

Cardiff Canton & Riverside 1940 - Glamorgan Sheet 43.14

  • £3.50
    Unit price per 
  • Save £0.25
Tax included.


STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS

CARDIFF CANTON & RIVERSIDE 1940 - GLAMORGAN SHEET 43.14

These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.

This very detailed map covers the Canton area and part of the Riverside area of Cardiff. Coverage stretches from Cathedral Road and Neville Street westward to Victoria Park, and southward to Virgil Street. Features include Canton railway depot with engine shed, carriage sheds, turntable, sidings etc; Ninian Park football ground, St John's church, tramways, City Isolation Hospital, Canton Brick Works, Ely River, St Luke's church, malthouse, slaughter-house, cinemas, City Lodge, Leckwith Road and many streets of terraced housing, with individual houses neatly delineated. On the reverse we include extracts from a 1906 street directory, incl for Alexander Road, Atlas Road, Cowbridge Road, Beda Road, Craddock Street, Leckwith Road. Crwys Road, Diana Street, Donald Street, St Andrew's Crescent, Wyeverne Street.

The map links up with sheet 43.10 Llandaff to the north and 43.15 Central Cardiff to the east.

It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.