Catford & Hither Green 1914 - London Sheet 129c

Catford & Hither Green 1914 - London Sheet 129c

  • £3.50
    Unit price per 
  • Save £0.25
Tax included.


STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS

CATFORD & HITHER GREEN 1914 - LONDON SHEET 129c

These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.

We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years. It covers an area stretching from Rushey Green and Bromley Road eastward to St Mildred's Road and Hither Green Cemetery; from Davenport Road southward to Hazelbank Road. It covers the southern parts of Lewisham, eastern Catford, and the serried streets of Hither Green. There is a long stretch of the SE&C railway on the map but no stations. Features include Lewisham Town Hall, Ravensbourne Preserve Works, tramways, Hither Green Cemetery, Park Hospital. Churches include St Laurence Catford, St Andrew's Hither Green, St Mildred's. Streets on the 1914 map include Verdant Lane, Brownhill Road, Inchmery Road, Hither Green Lane and many more. In the 1894 version much of the area was still open countryside.

The map links up with Sheets 119 Lewisham to the north, 128 Forest Hill to the west, 130 Mottingham to the east and 170 Southend Village to the south.

It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.