Central Middlesbrough 1892 Coloured Edition - Yorkshire Sheet 6.14a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
CENTRAL MIDDLESBROUGH 1892 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 6.14a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. Each covers the same area, from Wilson Street southward to Albert Park, and from Newport Iron Works eastward to North Ormesby Street. The 1892 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful hand-coloured 1st Edition.
Features on the 1892 version include Town Hall and Municipal Buildings, tramways, Infirmary, Post Office, the town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Newport Rolling Mills, Newport Iron Works, Ayresome Ward, part of Albert Park, engine sheds, Middlesbrough Football Ground, Nazareth House orphanage etc. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries from a 1905 directory, incl Corporation Road, Grange Road West and Linthorpe Road.
The 1913 version covers the same area at a later stage.
The map links up with Yorkshire Sheet 6.10 North Middlesbrough to the north and 6.15 North Ormesby to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.