Chapel Allerton & Gledhow 1906 - Yorkshire Sheet 203.10
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
CHAPEL ALLERTON & GLEDHOW 1906 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 203.10
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers Chapel Allerton, on the north side of Leeds. Most of the village is shown, including Old Church, Allerton Hall, Allerton House, Allerton Hill, St Matthew's church, Allerton Park, Hawkhills, Woodland Lane. The Harrogate Road (with tramway) runs through the village, and the map extends north along it to Moor Allerton Bottoms, Whinbrook and Broomhill Farm. East of the village is Gledhow Park and coverage extends east to cover Gledhow, incl Gledhow Hall, Oakley House and the group of streets between Lidgett Lane and Jackson Avenue. To the north are Lidgett Farm, Allerton Grange and Moor Allerton Hall. A good selection of street directory entries is included on the reverse, including Gledhow Wood Avenue/Grove, Harrogate Road, Hawthorn Vale/View, Jackson Avenue, Lidgett Lane and Town Street.
The map links up with Sheets 203.09 Meanwood to the west, 203.11 Roundhay Park to the east and 203.14 Leeds Harehills to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.