City of York & Clifton 1907 - Yorkshire Sheet 174.06b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
CITY OF YORK & CLIFTON 1907 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 174.06b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this important map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st edition OS handcoloured map.
This very busy map captures the heart of York in splendid detail. Most of the city centre is covered, with coverage stretching from Ouse Bridge and Foss Bridge northward to Haxby Road and Fountayne Street; and from Monkgate westward to Clifton and to Garnet Terrace. Features include the great Cathedral, Lendal Bridge, Museum Street, Micklegate, Parliament Street, Theatre Royal, St Cuthbert's church, Deanery, City Wall, Workhouse (right margin), Diocesan Training College, Bootham Park Asylum, St Peter's School, Clifton. York's narrow streets are shown in detail, with each house clearly delineated. Railway information includes most of the station, Old Station, Royal Station Hotel, engine shed (today's museum), and the many NER goods lines west of the station, with track layout shown (except under station roof). The 1889 version also shows the many city parishes and the historical introduction gives further information on them. On the reverse of each map are extracts from early street directories.
The map links up with Yorkshire Sheet 174.07 York NE to the east and 174.10 York South to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.