Deptford North 1914 - London Sheet 91c
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
DEPTFORD NORTH 1914 - LONDON SHEET 91c
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
The three versions of this map show how the area developed across the years, becoming more built up. The maps each cover the same area, stretching from Canterbury Rd and Ormside Street eastward to Deptford Green; from Rotherhithe Road and Deptford Wharf southwards to St Paul's church. Features (which obviously change with the passing of time) include the Royal Dockyard and Royal Victoria Victualling Yard, shown in detail on the earliest map; the northern part of Deptford High St; Evelyn Street; the Grand Surrey Canal; Coldblow Farm; the Thames Junction Branch railway; St Helena Gardens; numerous railway lines; The Den, Millwall FC; Southwark Park station Foreign Cattle Market; a small section of West Ferry Road on the north bank of river, various tramways. Churches include St Paul's Deptford. Roads on the 1868 map include Evelyn St, Plough Road, Edward St, Old King St, Rotherhithe New Rd, White Post Lane, Chilton St, part of Deptford High St. Many other roads appear on the later maps as they are built. The map links up with Sheet 104 New Cross to the south, which covers Deptford Broadway and New Cross, and Sheet 92 Greenwich to the east.
The map links up with Sheets78 Rotherhithe to the north, 90 Old Kent Road to the west, 92 Greenwich to the east, 104 New Cross to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.