Dudley 1914 - Staffordshire Sheet 67.16c
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
DUDLEY 1914 - STAFFORDSHIRE SHEET 67.16c
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how the area developed across the years: it covers the central area of Dudley, and coverage then extends eastward to Kate's Hill, Cawney Hill and Oakham. The map covers parts of both Staffordshire and Worcestershire and doubles as Worcs sheet 1.16.
Features on this busy map include Dudley town centre in detail, with individual buildings neatly delineated, including Town Hall, Market Place, High Street area, St Thomas church, St Edmund's church, Waddam's Pool Works, St Mary & St Thomas RC Chapel, Netherton station, Paradise. Features elsewhere include Tansleyhill Colliery, Dixon's Green, Prince of Wales Pit (disused), Cawneyhill House, St John's church, Roseland Farm, Oakham Lodge, Burnt Tree Colliery (disused), industrial tramway and incline, Oakham Colliery (disused), line of Netherton Tunnel, Tansley Hill, old coal shafts etc.
The 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the OS 1st Edition handcoloured map.
The map links up with sheets 67.12 Dudley Castle to the north, 67.15 Dudley West to the west, 68.13 Brades Village to the east, 71.04 Netherton to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.