Durham City 1915 - Durham Sheet 27.01b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
DURHAM CITY 1915 - DURHAM SHEET 27.01b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map showing how the city changed across the years.
These very detailed maps cover the City of Durham, with its glorious cathedral, thought by many to be the finest building in England. Our maps cover the core of the city, including the whole of the cathedral area on its loop in the River Wear. Coverage extends west to Neville's Cross, east to much of Gilesgate.
Features include the Cathedral, University, Castle, South Bailey, North Bailey, Old Elvet, Prison (left blank for security reasons), Claypath, Gilesgate goods station, Elvet station, main NER station, Bede College, St Giles church, carpet factory, Workhouse, Grammar School, Neville's Cross, County Hospital, Western Hill, St Cuthbert's church, disused mills, Crook Hall.
The maps link up with Sheets 20.13 Durham (North) to the north, 27.02 Durham City (East) to the east, 27.05 Durham City (South) to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.