Earlsheaton 1905 - Yorkshire Sheet 247.04
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
EARLSHEATON 1905 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 247.04
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the eastern part of Dewsbury, centred on the village of Earlsheaton, and part of the village of Gawthorpe, NW of Ossett.
Features include Earlsheaton village, Chickenley, Chickenley Heath, part of Gawthorpe, Soothill Nether Cemetery, GNR Ossett & Dewsbury branch with Earlsheaton station, GNR Chickenley Heath branch with Chickenley Heath station, Ridings Colliery, Hoyle Head Mills, Little Royd Mills, Providence Mill, Jilling Ing Mills, Pildacre Mills, Pildacre Colliery, Savile Colliery, Bant Top Colliery (disused), Earlsheaton Hall, Syke Ing Mill, Bank Top Mill, Royds Mills, St Mary's church, Greengates Mills, etc. On the reverse we include directories of Earls Heaton, Gawthorpe, and Ossett Street in 1889.
The map links up with sheet 232.16 Hanging Heaton to the north, 247.03 Dewsbury to the west, 248.01 Ossett North to the east, 247.08 Ossett SW to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.