Glasgow High Street 1895 - Lanarkshire Sheet 6.11a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
GLASGOW HIGH STREET 1895 - LANARKSHIRE SHEET 6.11a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years. The maps are detailed, showing individual houses, and such features as train and tram tracks. These busy maps cover a central area of Glasgow, with coverage stretching from Buchanan Street eastward to Whitevale Street and Armadale Street; and from Parliamentary Road southward to the north part of Glasgow Green. The many features include St Enoch station with engine shed, Queen Street station, Buchanan Street Goods station, College Goods station, NBR High Street Goods station, Cattle Market, Royal Infirmary, Necropolis, Wellpark Brewery, Cathedral of St Mungo, Dennistoun, Milnbank, tramways, Fish Market, The Bazaar and much more. Extracts from street directories are included on the reverse, those for the 1909 version including Gallowgate and Trongate.
The map links up with Sheets 6.07 St Rollox to the north, 6.10 Central Glasgow to the west, 6.12 Glasgow East to the east and 6.15 Glasgow Green to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.