Glasgow Pollokshields 1894 - Lanarkshire Sheet 6.14a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
GLASGOW POLLOKSHIELDS 1894 - LANARKSHIRE SHEET 6.14a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover a very busy area of south Glasgow, including much of Pollokshields and also parts of Laurieston, Port Eglinton, and Kinning Park, which retained its independence as a police burgh until 1905. Coverage stretches from Ardgown Street and Gloucester Street southward to Strathbungo station, and from Andrews Drive eastward to Cathcart Street. Features include Clutha Works, Kinning Park Goods Station, Maxwell Park, Titwood church, Etna Foundry, Eglinton Street Goods Station, South Side Goods Station. There are many railway lines and junctions, including Cathcart Junction, Strathbungo Junction, General Terminus Junction, Langside Junction, and others, all shown in detail with railway tracks, sidings, turntables, signal posts etc. Tramways and tram depots are also shown. Each map has extracts from a contemporary street directory on the reverse.
The maps link up with Sheets 6.10 Central Glasgow to the north, 6.13 Bellahouston to the west, 6.15 Glasgow Green to the east and 10.02 Queen's Park to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.