Golborne 1906 - Lancashire Sheet 102.09
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
GOLBORNE 1906 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 102.09
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This highly detailed map covers most of Golborne village and extends eastward to include part of Lowton.
Features include the centre of Golborne, including LNWR railway with Golborne station, St Thomas church, Parkside Mills, Bank Heath House, Golborne Colliery with mineral line, All Saints RC church, Lawson's Farm, Town Farm, Golborne Bridge; part of Lowton including St Luke's church, Halfway House, Sovereign Confectionery Mills, Stirrups Farm, Shaw's Brow, Thorn Bush House, Merchants Square, small stretch of GCR St Helens Branch, Mather House Farm, Garton Common. We include a 1918 directory of Golborne on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 101.12 Haydock Park to the west and 102.10 Lowton St Mary's to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.