Gosforth 1913 - Tyneside Sheet 30a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
GOSFORTH 1913 - TYNESIDE SHEET 30a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The map covers South Gosforth, central Gosforth and the area westward to St Nicholas Hospital. Features include railway with South Gosforth and West Gosforth stations, Electric Car Sheds, tramways, St Nicholas church, Salters Bridge, All Saints church, part of City Mental Hospital (St Nicholas Hospital), Sanderson Orthopaedic Hospital, mineral railway, former Coxlodge Wagonway, County Ground etc.
The 1913 version was our 100th title, published in 1985. We have now republished it, rescanned and with a new, extended introduction.
Gosforth was an independent urban district until 1974, when it was absorbed into the new Newcastle Metropolitan Borough.
The map links up with Tyneside Sheets 31 Longbenton to the east and 4 Jesmond to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.