Guiseley 1906 - Yorkshire Sheet 187.13
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
GUISELEY 1906 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 187.13
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the town of Guiseley (or Guisley), a few miles north of Leeds, later famous for the fish and chip shop opened by Harry Ramsden in 1928, soon followed by a restaurant which would be visited from miles around. Our map covers most of the town, really a large village, including Town Hall, Nunroyd Mills (bottom right corner), station, Greenbottom Dye Works, St Oswald's church, Cuddy Hill, Netherfield Mill, Town Street, The Green, Nether Moor Boot Factory, Ings Mill, White Cross Hotel. Part of the Menston Lunatic Asylum is in the top left corner. On the reverse we include an 1889 directory of Guiseley plus a Leeds/Bradford-Ilkley/Otley railway timetable for 1916.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.