Halifax North 1889 Coloured Edition - Yorkshire Sheet 231.05a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
HALIFAX NORTH 1889 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 231.05a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The map covers the northern part of Halifax, with coverage stretching from Crown Street and Old Market northward to Booth Town, and from Baines Street and Violet Street eastward to Brierley Hill and Cunnery Wood. Much of the town centre is shown, including Woolshops, Northgate, Wade Street, Town Hall, Cross Field, St John's church, North Bridge Goods station, North Bridge station, New Bank, Beacon Fireclay Works, Claremount, Upper Horley Green with industrial tramway, Akroyd Park with library, All Souls church, several mills and dye works, Dean Clough Mills, tramways, Gibbet Street, Pellon Lane, Lee Mills, Angel Quarry, Pellon Lane Mills, Old Lane Dye Works, Shroggs Park, Akroydon, Lee Mount. Each map also includes a selection of street directory entries.
The 1889 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful OS 1st Edition hand-coloured map.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.