Handsworth 1913 - Warwickshire Sheet 7.16
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
HANDSWORTH 1913 - WARWICKSHIRE SHEET 7.16
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed and busy map covers much of Handsworth, on the north side of Birmingham. Coverage stretches from Regent Road and Alexandra Road eastward to Crompton Road, and from Grasmere Road northward to Oxhill Road. The many features include LNWR railway with Soho Road and Handsworth Wood stations, St Mary's church, Church Hill, Heathfield Hall, St Silas church, Grammar School, Technical School, Library, Victoria Park, St Peter's church, St Andrew's church, St Michael's church (at foot of map); tramways along Soho Road, Villa Road, Lozells Road, Grove Lane; Endwood Court, Field House, and many streets of terraced or semi-detached houses. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries, including Grove Lane, Rookery Road, Soho Road, Villa Road.
The map links up with sheet 8.13 Aston Manor to the east and with 13.04 Winson Green to the south; and with Staffordshire sheets 68.12 Handsworth Wood to the north and 68.15 Hawthorns to the west.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.