Kirkdale 1906 - Lancashire Sheet 106.06b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
KIRKDALE 1906 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 106.06b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map showing how the area changed across the years. The 1890 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover a very busy area of north Liverpool, with coverage stretching from Regent Road eastward to Stanley Park, and from Bankhall Street southward to William Moult Street. Features include Lester Gardens, the west part of Stanley Park, Huskisson Goods Station, Canada Docks Goods Station, Sandon & Canada Docks Goods Station, many railway lines and sidings, Sandhills lane area, tramways, City Hospital North, St Chad's church and convent, Kirkdale Recreation Ground, St Edward's RC College, and many streets of terraced houses, with individual houses neatly shown.
On the reverse of the 1906 version we include adjacent sheet 106.05 which extends coverage westward to the docks. Features here include Huskisson Dock, Sandon Dock, Wellington Dock, Bramley Moore Dock, Canada Dock.
This map links up with sheet 106.02 Bootle to the north, 106.07 Anfield to the east, 106.10 Liverpool (North) to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.