Knaresborough 1909 - Yorkshire Sheet 154.12b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
KNARESBOROUGH 1909 - YORKSHIRE SHEET 154.12b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the town changed across the years. The 1889 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover most of the town, with coverage stretching from Conyngham Hall eastward to Hay-a-Park. Features include railway with station, Castle, River Nidd, Beech Hill area, Holy Trinity church, St John the Baptist's church, Knaresborough House, Workhouse, Tentergate, Castle Ings, Bridge Mills, Spital Croft, Castle Mill, High Bridge, Fort Montague, Market Place, Knaresborough Junction, cemetery, Mother Shipton's Cave etc. Extracts from early directories are included on the reverse.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.