Lampeter 1904 - Cardiganshire Sheet 34.13
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LAMPETER 1904 - CARDIGANSHIRE SHEET 34.13
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the small town of Lampeter, which in 1820 had been chosen as the site of St David's College, today part of the University of Wales. Lampeter was also a significant agricultural centre, and a collecting point for drovers. In 1901 it had a population of 1,722. Our map shows the town centre in some detail, and other features include the railway station, Workhouse, Glyn Saw Mill, Peterwell Schools, St David's College, St Peter's church, Peterwell, Cwm-Rhys Quarry; to the south the map has a fragment of Carmarthenshire with Tivy Side Tannery at the bottom margin. We include a directory of the town on the reverse.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.