Lanchester 1895 - Durham Sheet 19.05a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LANCHESTER 1895 - DURHAM SHEET 19.05a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
These very detailed maps cover Lanchester, once a significant Roman centre - Longovicium - now largely an attractive commuter village for Durham.
The maps cover the village centre and the area to the east.
Features (on the 1915 map) include the village with individual buildings shown, All Saints church, Workhouse and Hospital, Front Street, Crow Hall, Peth Bank, Alderdene House, railway with Lanchester station, Pethlane Head Quarries, Manor House, High Burnhopside. To the east are several pits of Malton Colliery including Manorhouse Drift, Mercie Drift, Hutton Drift. A 1906 directory of Lanchester is included on the reverse.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.