Leigh North 1905 - Lancashire Sheet 102.03b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LEIGH NORTH 1905 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 102.03b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The 1892 version is in colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
The maps cover the northern part of Leigh, with coverage extending from Bradshawgate northward to Atherton Hall, and from Findlay Street eastward to Green Lane. Part of the town centre is shown, incl St Mary's church, Town Hall, Market Place, Lord Street, Church Street, Westleigh station (at margin of map), Athletic Ground, Avenue Mill, Leigh & Bedford station, Brook Mill, Leigh Brewery, Brookside Mill, Platfold Mill, Church Fields. Other features include Kirkhall Lane, Victoria Mills, Parsonage, Workhouse, Infirmary, Kirkhall Lane Mills, Atherton Old Hall, Wood End, Atherton Hall, Bedford Colliery, mineral railways, LNWR Bedford Leigh Line, etc. On the reverse we include extracts from an early directory.
The map links up with sheets 94.15 Atherton SW to the north, 102.02 Westleigh to the west, 102.07 Leigh South to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.