Lewisham 1914 - London Sheet 119c
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LEWISHAM 1914 - LONDON SHEET 119c
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years.
The maps show how Lewisham and Lee became more built up as the years passed. The maps each cover the same area, stretching from Algernon Road and Ladywell station eastward to Lee Road and Burnt Ash Road; from Lewisham Bridge and Belmont Hill southward to Hither Green station. The map therefore really covers the centre and south of Lewisham town (not the station) and much of Lee. Features include Ladywell, High Street, High Road, Lee Green, Lewisham Park, and the workhouse. Churches include St Stephen's Lewisham, St Mark's, St Swithun's, The Good Shepherd Handen Road, Holy Trinity Lee, Christ Church Lee. Streets include Lee Park, Wantage Road, Blessington Road, Brookbank Road, Hither Green Lane and many more. The maps include extracts from contemporary street directories.
The map links up with Sheets 105 Blackheath to the north, 118 Brockley to the west, 120 Eltham to the east and 129 Catford to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.