Liscard & Egremont 1909 - Cheshire Sheet 7.11b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LISCARD & EGREMONT 1909 - CHESHIRE SHEET 7.11b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover the village of Liscard, which became part of Wallasey in 1910. Coverage stretches from Belvidere Road and Mount Pleasant Road eastward to the Mersey, and from Fort Street southward to Tobin Street.
Features (on 1909 map) include Egremont area with pier, Mariners' Home, Andrew Gibson Memorial Home, Manor House, St Mary's church, Liscard Water Tower, tramways and depot, cemetery, Concert Hall, Earlston Library, Mountpleasant House, Oarside Dairy Farm, Sandheys, Zig Zag Hall, Lancashire Sea Training Home, Wallasey Grammar School, Victoria Central Hospital, etc. We include extracts from contemporary directories on the reverse.
The map links up with sheets 7.07 New Brighton to the north, 7.10 Wallasey Village to the west and 7.15 Seacombe to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.