Looe 1905 - Cornwall Sheet 53.02
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
LOOE 1905 - CORNWALL SHEET 53.02
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the delightful Cornish town of Looe, described in 1910 as "an ancient town in a beautiful position on the east side of a wide creek or estuary....well sheltered by lofty hills....it is one of the prettiest spots in Cornwall". Our map covers both West Looe and East Looe, and extends northward to Shutta and Barbican, and eastward to Millendreath Beach. Features include the railway station with the line to the harbour, St Mary's church, Guildhall, Plaidy Beach, site of St Anne's chapel, Boscarn House, St Nicholas church; the cramped houses are neatly delineated on either side of the harbour. On the reverse we include a directory of Looe in 1910.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.