Manningtree & Mistley 1896 - Essex Sheet 20.09
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
MANNINGTREE & MISTLEY 1896 - ESSEX SHEET 20.09
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the two villages of Manningtree and Mistley, with coverage stretching from Lawford Hill and Marsh Row eastward to New Mistley. Features include the village centres of both communities, a stretch of the GER Harwich branch with Mistley station, Brunswick House (lunatic asylum), Mistley Green, St Mary's church Mistley, Baltic Wharf, Furze Hill, Dairy House, Hopping Bridge, numerous mathouses in both villages, Mistley Hall, Barnfield House, Manningtree Channel, Middlebridge Creek, Mistley Park. Stretches of the River Stour and Irelandhole Reach are shown, surrounded by mud. Directories for both villages are given on the back.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.