Marlow 1897 - Buckinghamshire Sheet 52.01
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
MARLOW 1897 - BUCKINGHAMSHIRE SHEET 52.01
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map covers the town of Marlow, plus small portions of Cookham and Bisham parishes on the south side of the river. Features include Marlow town centre, Marlow Bridge, All Saints church, railway terminus, Cattle Market, High Street, Quoiting Square, Spital Street; Marefield and Holy Trinity church near top of map; Marlow Fields, Court Garden, Wethered's brewery. The 'Three Men in a Boat' stayed at the Crown Hotel here and refilled their larder in the town. Across the River Thames are Stoney Ware and Compleat Anglers Hotel (in Bisham parish) and Quarry Wood, Kings Coppice Farm, Dial Close (Cookham parish). A directory of Marlow is also included.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.