Motherwell 1896 - Lanarkshire Sheet 12.13a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
MOTHERWELL 1896 - LANARKSHIRE SHEET 12.13a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this highly detailed map, showing how the area developed across the years. It covers the central area of Motherwell, around the station and Town Hall. Coverage then extends westward to Logans Plantation, with Hamilton Bridge towards the SW corner. Features include station and railway junctions, mineral lines, Park Street, Brandon Street, Merry Street, Clyde Street, Muir Street, Watsonville, County Hospital for infectious diseases, Burgh Hospital, New Camp, Parkhead Colliery Pit 7, Camp Colliery Pit 2, Motherwell Colliery Pits 2 & 4, North Motherwell Colliery Pit 1. The 1910 map has the tramway depot. Extracts from a contemporary directory list private residents and a selection of trades on the 1896 map, and a selection from a trade directory on the 1910 map.
The map links up with Sheets 11.16 Hamilton Low Parks to the west, 12.09 Motherwell North to the north, and 12.14 Motherwell East to the east.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.