Newry 1903 - County Down Sheet 46.16
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
NEWRY 1903 - COUNTY DOWN SHEET 46.16
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This very detailed map covers the city of Newry at the beginning of the 20th century, and although the OS published it in their Co Down series, the map does extend westward into the Co Armagh part of the town and as far as the Urban District boundary. Our map is double-sided for maximum coverage and includes Sheet 46.15. Features include the Newry Canal, Merchants Quay, Albert Basin, Dublin Bridge station, Bridge Street station, Edward Street station, Bessbrook & Newry tramway terminus, Cathedral, St Patrick's church, St Mary's church, St Catherine's church, markets, Town Hall, Downshire House. Map extends east about a mile to Temple Hill, Creeve House. With its railways and canal (shown in detail, with railway tracks, cranes, turntable etc) the map will have especial interest to transport historians as well as those interested in the history of Newry.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.