North Reddish & South West Denton 1904 - Lancashire Sheet 112.01
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
NORTH REDDISH & SOUTH WEST DENTON 1904 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 112.01
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
This detailed map is dominated by Gorton Road which runs up the western side of the map, with coverage stretching from St Elisabeth's church and St Joseph's RC church northward to St Agnes church and Reddish station. Other features here include Summerfield House, tramways, Reddish Iron Works, Ashbrook Farm, Barlow Fold. Further east the map is semi-rural, with two railways, the LNWR Stockport to Guide Bridge line and Sheffield & Midland Joint line crossing in the centre of the map. Other features include Denton Colliery sidings and mineral line, Holt Wood, Dane Bank, Denton Hall. On the reverse we include a large extract from the later 1914 revision of the map, showing the Gorton Road area at this later date for comparison.
The map links up with Lancashire Sheets 105.13 Denton West to the north, 111.04 Levenshulme to the west, 11202 Denton South to the east and 112.05 South Reddish to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.