Nottingham South 1899 - Nottinghamshire Sheet 42.06b

Nottingham South 1899 - Nottinghamshire Sheet 42.06b

  • £3.50
    Unit price per 
  • Save £0.25
Tax included.


STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS

NOTTINGHAM SOUTH 1899 - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SHEET 42.06b

These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.

We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area developed across the years. The 1880 version is in full colour, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.

The maps cover the south part of Nottingham in detail, with coverage stretching from Broad Marsh and Narrow Marsh southward to Trent Bridge cricket ground, and from Holles Crescent eastward to Sneinton Hollows.

Features include (1899 version) River Trent, Forest football ground, Trent Bridge, St Christopher's church, Midland Railway with main station, locomotive sheds, Mansfield Junction, GNR railway with terminus, carriage shed, Sneinton Junction, GCR railway with engine shed, carriage shed, Meadows Cricket Ground, tramways, Nottingham Canal, St George's church, Nottingham Castle, LNWR railway goods branch with goods shed, East Croft, Haymarket, St Gabriel's church, Tinkers Leen, bonded stores, St Nicholas church etc. The 1880 map shows the area at an earlier stage, before the Great Central Railway had opened through the city.

The map links up with Notts sheet 42.02 Central Nottingham to the north, 42.05 Lenton to the west and 42.10 West Bridgford to the south.

It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.