Old Benwell & Denton 1936 - Tyneside Sheet 29b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
OLD BENWELL & DENTON 1936 - TYNESIDE SHEET 29B
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years, with massive development between the 1914 and 1936 editions.
The maps cover the Old Benwell and Denton area west of Newcastle with coverage from Fox & Hounds Lane westwards to Rokeby Street.
Features include Denton Burn area, Denton Hall, East Denton area, Benwell Hill, course of Hadrian's Wall, West Road, St Cuthbert's Grammar School, Benwell Cottage, St Margaret's church (at foot of map), Holy Saviour church (at west of map), stretch of LNER Scotswood-Wylam railway, St George's RC church, tramways, Wood House Farm etc.
The map links up with Tyneside Sheet 25 Newburn to the west, 10 Arthurs Hill to the east, 26 Scotswood to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.