Salford Docks 1916 - Lancashire Sheet 104.09b
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
SALFORD DOCKS 1916 - LANCASHIRE SHEET 104.09b
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published three versions of this map, showing how the area changed across the years. A 1932 version is partly coloured, with the partial colour-printing introduced by the OS at that time..
The map covers the area now greatly changed with Salford Quays, together with part of Ordsall. Features include Ordsall Hall, Salford Lads Club, Ordsall Park, St Ignatius church, St Clement's church, Cross Lanes station and cattle station, Regent Theatre, tramways, Salford Workhouse, Woodside Brewery, Tatton Mills, Stowell Memorial Church, Salford Borough Cemetery, part of Pomona Docks, Nrs 6, 7, 8 and 9 Docks, Salford end of Manchester Ship Canal, L&Y railway with the little used New Barns station, Mode Wheel Locks, Mode Wheel engine shed, Manchester Ship Canal Railway with extensive lines around the docks, Trafford Wharf, depots and warehouses, Hovis Mills and grain elevator, Foreign Animals Wharf, timber yards etc.
The map links up with sheets 104.05 Salford West to the north, 103.12 Trafford Park to the west, 104.10 Manchester SW to the east and 104.13 Old Trafford to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.