Stafford 1897 - Staffordshire Sheet 37.11a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
STAFFORD 1879 - STAFFORDSHIRE SHEET 37.11a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this busy map, showing how the area developed across the years. Coverage extends from the station eastward to Littleworth, and from Newport Road northward to Tillington Street.
Features include LNWR railway with station and engine sheds, River Sow, Castle Engine Works, General Infirmary, Foregate area, Greengate Street area and town centre with all individual buildings neatly delineated, St Mary's church, Stafford Mill, The Green, cattle market, Green Hall, County Lunatic Asylum, Market Hall, Shire Hall, public baths, boot and shoe manufacturers, County Industrial Home, Asylum Farm, Lammascote Farm, Littleworth, Cotonhill Asylum, Asylum sanitary wards, Coton Farm etc.
The 1879 version also includes the LNWR Stafford-Shrewsbury-Welshpool timetable for 1897 on the reverse.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.