Stanley 1895 - Durham Sheet 12.06a
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
STANLEY 1895 - DURHAM SHEET 12.06a
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. The map covers the centre and north of Stanley, including Shield Row and extending to Tanfield Lea colliery. Features include Beamish Colliery (Mary Pit), NER railway with Shieldrow station, West Shieldrow Colliery (Margaret Pit), Tanfield Lea Colliery, Oakey's Cottages, St Andrew's church, theatres, RC church, UDC Offices, East Stanley, Kiphill, South Causey etc.
The 1895 version is double-sided for maximum coverage. On the reverse we include a section of adjacent sheet 12.10 extending coverage south to include the rest of Front Street, and down South Moor Lane, including Poplar Street. Features include South Moor Colliery (Old and New Louisa Pits), with Hedley Tramway; West Stanley Colliery; Stanley Hall, NER Pontop & South Shields Branch.
The map links up with Sheets 12.02 East Tanfield to the north, 12.07 No Place to the east, 12.09 Annfield Plain to the east and 19.02 Burnhope to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.