Stranton & Southern Hartlepool 1896 - Durham Sheet 37.15
STEVE GARTON GENEALOGY - GODFREY EDITION OLD ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
STRANTON & SOUTHERN HARTLEPOOL 1896 - DURHAM SHEET 37.15
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction and many include extracts of directories, local transport timetables and additional maps.
Stranton was the original village for West Hartlepool, though it was quickly eclipsed by the rapidly growing new town in the mid 19th century. This map covers the area from Burbank Street and All Saints church southward to Foggy Furze and Longhill Farm. The various iron and steel works with their railway sidings and furnaces are major features. Other features include the Lion Brewery, Bellevue, St Aidan's church, Hartlepools Paper Works, Baltic Saw Mills, Carr House, Longhill. Street directory entries for Burbank Street, Burn Road, Lister Street, Oxford Street, Stockton Road and Stockton Street are included.
The map links up with Sheet 37.11 West Hartlepool to the north and 45.03 Seaton Carew to the south.
It will be posted in a board backed envelope to ensure it reaches you in perfect condition.